Frequently Asked Questions.
There are 672 cups in a standard box (2 bags of 336 cups each) and the total weight is 8.1 kg.
The 3 standard diluents available in Dilucups are the following:
- MRD : Maximum Recovery Diluent (also called Tryptone-Salt or Peptone-Salt)
- BPW : Buffered Peptone Water
- NACL : Saline solution (8.5 g NaCl/L, buffered to pH 7.0 ± 0.2)
Contact us to for other diluents.
As long as the bag is not open, you can keep it at room temperature until its expiration date. Once the aluminium foil is open, we recommend the cups to be kept in the fridge (5°C ± 3°C) and to be used within 3 months. The aluminium bag can be easily extracted from the cardboard box before its storage in the fridge.
Yes, all the Dilucup boxes are sterilized by E-beam and properly QC tested before the release of any batch.
No. When we close the aluminium foil, we also trap some air in the bag. This is the moisture (condensation) from this air that you can find inside the bag. This does not affect the volume of diluent included in the cup itself.
Probably not. Dilucup Elegance is sold through our network of authorized distributors in most of the European countries and in North America.
The rotation speed can be set to 1 (≈ 400 rpm), 2 (≈ 500 rpm) or 3 (≈ 600 rpm). The shaking time varies between one and 15 seconds/sample.
Yes, in the “Time” menu you can select “-“. The Dilushaker will start shaking when you activate the optical sensor and never stop until you activate the sensor again. We do not recommend this way of doing because:
- The shaking time is not standardized,
- The LED ramp cannot be used.
Log in to see the answer.
Log in to see the answer.
Yes, but only between 2 samples. For this, you need to select the appropriate side of the menu.
On the MOTOR side you can change the rotation speed 1 (≈ 410 rpm), 2 (≈ 460 rpm), 3 (≈ 510 rpm), 4 (≈ 560 rpm), 5 (≈ 610 rpm), 6 (≈ 660 rpm) and the shaking time (1 to 60 s). On the SENSOR side you can change the sensor you want to use (right or left). On the SAMPLES side (the one we recommend you select while performing dilutions) you can also change the number of dilutions for the next sample (1 to 12).
No. Do not press the END button if your dilution series is not over. By pressing the END button, you reset the program and the LEDs come automatically back to the starting position.
The information about the production time of the blisters can be of great interest at certain times, that is why we recommend scanning the QR code on the blisters to keep a trace of the batch of diluent used.
There are several reasons why Dilugent® Shaker is a better option than Dilushaker III. The most important ones are listed below:
- Dilugent® Shaker is more ergonomic and comfortable when pipetting since it is lower. You do not need to lift the arm as high as with a Dilushaker III.
- Easier adjustment of dilution parameters (time, speed, number of dilutions).
- The sensors located on the sides on Dilugent® Shaker reduce unintended shaking that can occur with Dilushaker III when working.
- Dilugent® Shaker allows the traceability of the dilutions by exporting all data to an Excel®
- Dilugent® Shaker provides a better guiding of the user with 42 LED lights instead of 3 or 6 on a Dilushaker III.
- With Dilugent® Shaker you can shake as many times as wanted without influencing the LED lights. This is impossible with Dilushaker III.
- With the Dilugent® Shaker Pro you can make several dilution series in parallel (replicates).
Up to 2 templates can be stored on the Dilugent® Shaker Light version and a maximum of 10 on the other versions.
The Pro version includes advanced programming, customizable interface colours, customizable LED light colours and possibility to connect to LIMS.
With the advanced programming you can select or deselect the Dilucups you want to use and you can program to do replicates; that is, make parallel serial dilutions.
There are four different themes for the display and seven different LED light colours. This can be a real advantage for colour blind users.
Yes. You can use blisters of either 3x7 or 6x7 Dilucups. If you use blisters of 3x7 you can work with them on the right or left side of Dilugent® Shaker. Go to BLISTER page for changing these parameters as in the pictures below.
To export the data, insert a USB stick into one of the unused ports on the back side of Dilugent® Shaker and select EXPORT in UTILITIES.
An Excel® named “dilugent_data” will be exported to the USB memory containing the following type of information: identifcation of the dilution, the sample, the Dilucup batch and the operator, the rotation speed, the shaking time, the number of dilutions and the time when the dilution was done.
Go to page 4 of the Dilugent Shakers user´s manual for a detailed answer.